Make your own free website on

Yellow Set Two

Wednesday, July 1, 1998

Wednesday was a day with bright sunshine and little wind. As usual, I got out of the house fairly late, after spending time in some chat rooms and reading and replying to E-mail.

After I left my house, I first picked up some pictures, had some coffee and a snack at a donut shop, and, since it was nearly 4:30 p.m. decided to go to the same neighborhood salon that I had visited for my Orange Set earlier in the month. The manicurists were all busy, and the hair stylist, who also does manicuring, was finishing a short haircut on a young man. I told the woman at the first manicuring table that I wanted a shampoo and set, and she asked me to wait for a while.

I looked through the hairstyling books on the table in the waiting area, but didn't find a style that I liked. After waiting about 15 minutes, the stylist motioned me over to the shampoo bowl. She washed my hair using warm water and a shampoo with a candy fragrance.

Then I went to the stylist's chair, and showed her the stylist the same style that I had attempted the previous week during my Red Set Three, on my computer. She asked how I was able to get pictures into it, and I tried to explain.

She set my hair entirely on her small yellow rollers, with a few of the smaller blue ones as well. I was sitting with my computer on my lap. A young man there who is obviously knowledgeable about computers explained it to her in her language, using the English term "Laptop" as well.

At about 5:00 p.m. I went under the one dryer in the shop, after plugging its power adapter into the manicuring outlet on the dryer as usual. Several other women came in for manicures, pedicures, and acrylic nails while I was there, and I began preparing this diary entry as well. In the meantime, my stylist had donned her mask and was doing the nails of a woman who had come in.

At about 5:50 she came over and felt my hair, which was dry. I asked her to take a picture of me at the dryer, which she did, and one after I had moved over to the stylist's chair as well. She removed the rollers, gently brushed through my hair to loosen the set, and finished the style using a rake. She asked if I wanted hair spray and I declined, as it was not windy and the tight curls should stay in place on their own.

As I retrieved my belongings she went back to her other client at the manicure table. When I was ready, she came over to the front counter so that I could pay her, and was kind enough to take front and rear pictures of my finished style. I left the salon at exactly 6:00 p.m., happy to be curly again!














This page last updaged: July 15, 1998

Previous Home Page Next